PHEASANT KIEV WITH FRENCH SALAD
For the Kiev:
3 pheasant breasts
1 bulb garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 tbs parsley, chopped
Vegetable oil for frying
100g panko breadcrumbs
75g seasoned flour
For the salad:
4 cooked beetroots, each cut into 8 wedges
50g mixed salad
For the dressing:
15ml Olive Oil
15ml White Wine Vinegar
½ tsp Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp Water
Salt and Pepper
- Heat the vegetable oil to 160c in a deep fat fryer, or if you don’t have one you can use a saucepan halfway full of vegetable oil.
- Place the garlic bulb into a foil parcel. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes. Allow to time to cool.
- Meanwhile, take your pheasant breasts and make a small hole in each breast to make a pocket for the filling.
- In a bowl, mix your oven roasted garlic, butter, olive oil and parsley until combined. Next, spoon into a piping bag.
- Pipe the butter mix into the hole in the pheasant breast and then fill the hole with the meat initially cut out to form a plug.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together.
- Coat the pheasant breast in flour, then brush on the beaten egg solution, then coat with flour again, add a further coating of the egg solution just before covering in the panko breadcrumbs.
- Place into a deep fat fryer and fry for 4 to 6 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Drain onto kitchen paper and sprinkle with sea salt to finish.
To make the Salad
- Mix the leaves with the beetroot wedges in a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour over the leaves and beets, serve alongside the kievs.