Spicy Thai Green Coconut Seafood Curry
A perfect winter warmer, my seafood curry has been a huge hit throughout the house hold and is perfect for adding a bit of spice to a chilly day!
6 coriander stalks
2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
2 garlic cloves
2 stalks of lemongrass
2 birds eye chillies
2 tablespoons of groundnut oil
400ml can of coconut milk
1 head of pak choi
8-10 shelled large prawns
2 teaspoons of Mirin
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
4-6 Mint leaves
- To make your paste, mix in the food processor, the ground turmeric with half of the coriander stalks, garlic, half of the lemongrass and chillies. Whizz the ingredients together to form a coarse paste.
- Then place the groundnut oil and the peeled ginger into a food processor and reduce to a loose paste.
- Put half the paste in to the frying pan and fry for a couple of minutes, add the coconut milk, pak choi, and the prawns.
- Bring to boil and stir for a few minutes until the prawns are cooked and turn opaque.
- Finally, add the mirin, fish sauce, and juice from the lime and then stir in the remainder of the leaves from the coriander, mint and the lemongrass.
There you have it… The perfect seafood curry that is just easy to make and delicious to eat!